How do you fix YouTube TV not working on Roku?
Roku is a popular streaming tool that has the power to turn your regular and boring television into an entertainment program that gives you access to various apps like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and more. The best part about having a Roku device is that it can extend your old TV without built-in features like internet browsing, movie streaming, and screen viewing. YouTube TV is one of the best online streaming platforms available on Roku.
YouTube TV doesn’t work on Roku?
Due to the increase in the availability rate of the channel, it is widespread to face a specific error while using this. Recently, many users have confirmed some restrictions on accessing the YouTube app on the Roku device. In this article, you will learn how to fix YouTube TV from Roku.
There could be various reasons why YouTube TV may not work on Roku. No one wants to be distracted while enjoying movies, videos on Youtube. To avoid such a tragedy, follow the steps provided. Your issue will be resolved with a single solution provided.
- Restart your Roku device
- Check your Roku device network connection
- Playback errors
- Download and install YouTube TV
- See updates
- Other Problems
Restart your Roku device
Even one error in plugs and ports can stop youtube on Roku. Therefore, it is always recommended to restart your Roku device if that is the case. If you are using a Roku streaming device, then follow these steps to restart your device.
Step 1: Tap the home button on your Roku remote.
Step 2: Select settings.
Step 3: From the settings, select the System option.
Step 4: When using Roku TV and select Power or select system restart.
Alternatively, you can try again:
- Press the home button five times on your Roku remote.
- Then press the Up button once.
- Press the Rewind button twice.
- And now the Fast Forward (FF) button twice.
- Now your Roku device is reset to restart. After the reboot, turn on YouTube TV. Hopefully, now youtube will work on your Roku device, but if not, don’t worry, then try the next step given below.
Check your network connection.
This is one of the reasons why youtube does not work on Roku. The first thing to do here is to check if you are connected to the Network or not. If, by chance, you are offline, follow the steps provided.
Press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Select Settings and select Network.
- Now set up connection setup.
- Depending on your network settings or choose Wired or Wireless.
- If you have gone Wired, then it is all done.
- If you have selected Wireless, select a network from the list you want to connect to. If possible, you can’t see your Network; click Scan again to see all networks and select your Network.
- Now, enter the password for your wireless Network.
And here it is, your device connected to the Network.
Correct play errors
Sometimes, while watching Youtube TV, a problem may arise due to a playback error. To solve a problem with game errors, take help with the steps given below.
- Tap the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Now select Settings and then choose Display Type.
- Now, choose one of these options (4K 30Hz TV, 4K 60Hz TV, or 4K HDR 60 Hz).
This will help you solve the problem with playback errors while watching YouTube on Roku.
Download and install YouTube TV
This is one of the easiest and most effective ways to remedy this problem.
- Press the home button on the Roku remote.
- To navigate the options, select YouTube TV.
- From your Roku Remote, press the Star button.
- Now choose Delete and hit Yes to download YouTube TV.
- After uninstalling youtube, restart your Roku device.
- After restarting your Roku device, press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Select the broadcast channel option.
- Now, select a category or search for YouTube TV.
- Now, in the section, choose youtube.
- Now, select Add Channel.
Now, wait a minute, and your YouTube TV is ready to get the installation on your Roku device. I hope this works for you, but otherwise, a few other options are still there to follow.
Check For Updates
If you have not updated your device or youtube channel, then we can bother you. But don’t worry, as Roku checks for updates regularly. If you want to check for updates, then follow these steps.
- Press the home button provided by your Roku remote.
- Now select Settings, then select System.
- Go to and select System Update.
- From the System, update click on Check Now. From here, you can know the current status and last updated details.
- If your device is not updated, do so with the on-screen instructions.
- And if your device has already been updated, then select OK.
This YouTube issue that does not apply to the Ruku problem may also arise due to a temporary problem on the YouTube channel or an outdated version. We hope this article will help you to watch Youtube without interruption on your Roku device.