Slow and Freezes in Family Tree Maker 2019
This blog has explained how to fix Slow and Freezes in Family Tree Maker 2019 Software. If you read this blog and follow the steps below, you will fix this problem. If a family tree maker is slower and stops beyond expectations, here are a few steps to fix it.
Check system compatibility first: –
- Windows operating system – Windows 7/8/10
- Hard disk space
- 4 GB RAM
- 1024 × 768 screen resolution
- Apple operating system – OS X 10.10 or later, including MacOS Catalina 10.15
- 4GB RAM
- 1280 × 800 screen resolution
Compact the family tree file to resolve Slow and Freezes in Family Tree
- An integrated tool within the program will help to integrate the file.
- It will redirect the tree file
- Also, it will delete unnecessary data
- Increases tree activity
Include duplicates and sources:
- Combine duplicates to reduce tree file size.
- Makes the tree file work properly.
Work offline: –
- Temporarily disabling Internet access and working offline can increase family tree performance.
- Click File Menu – the second option to go offline.
- If you do not wish to go offline, turn off the automatic settings feature from Ancestors and Family Search
- Uncheck the box “Show ancestral tips and family search”.
- Disable quick field – click on tools in the menu
- Click “Options”
- Uncheck all boxes under “Use Quick field.”
If none of the above steps help improve performance, then something else needs to be fixed on the device. It could be anti-virus software that could be a problem. Pending reviews or recently failed updates can also cause performance issues. Overall, metal repairs and cleaning can be the cause. However, in some cases, the disk check should be required to correct lazy performance.