Snapchat is one of the most popular video-sharing apps that lets you take pictures, add text, record videos and share them with your friends and loved ones who can be seen in a few seconds. This unique and amazing feature of this video sharing app where photos you send or receive must be displayed 10 seconds before they can be permanently deleted. It also allows you to chat with your friends like Facebook Messenger. And, here’s How to Get Deleted Messages on Snapchat?
You can only contact your friends about the photos they see for a few seconds before they disappear without leaving a trace on any of your phones. Recently, the app has received the latest updates with different and interesting features such as Discover Messages for its users. Snapchat has gained popularity among millions of users simply because of the perception that you cannot retrieve your messages on time. But how accurate is this? Can you retrieve a deleted Snapchat message?
However, is it possible for anyone to return photos and videos if they have been deleted? Yes, it is possible! Here are some ways to help you retrieve Snapchat photos or videos so that the data may be recoverable even if the data is deleted. Here is a detailed guide on how to get old Snapchat messages instantly.
Snapchat – Video Sharing App
Snapchat is a quick way to share happy times with your friends. Snapchat provides a unique feature where you can control how long your friends can view your message when you need to set a time of up to ten seconds and send it to anyone you want. Snapchat is easy to use, and the latest version of 22.214.171.124 is available for Android users.
How Can You Get Data on Snapchat?
Snapchat is a popular program that allows you to take photos, videos and share them with your friends. This application allows you to send photos so that the recipient can view them temporarily and be permanently deleted. Although Snapchat messages disappear from your Snapchat app, they have not been deleted from your phone. Here are two ways to retrieve deleted data or messages from Snapchat. Check it out!
Method 1: Delete data from Snapchat
Even if you delete messages on Snapchat, they are stored in your device’s memory with the .nomedia extension. This type of extension means that all other applications should ignore it. In short, it seems that photos and videos are missing as they are being deleted. Anyway, they stay on your phone.
Step 1: File manager
If you wish to receive Snapchat messages from your phone, you need to rename the files for the .nomedia extension to be removed.
This can be done using the file manager program. You can find the best file manager apps in the Google Play Store, or you can download the APK from the Internet.
If you are using an Apple device, you will need to unlock your phone and find the appropriate file manager application.
Some of the best applications are file manager Astro file manager, OI file manager, and file specialist.
Step 2 – Rename File
- Explore files with the media extension on your device. These will be all your messages from Snapchat. All types of applications ignore this type of file, making data invisible.
- Select the messages and rename them to remove the extension.
- This should allow other apps to identify and display thumbnails so you can watch them again.
- Just log in to retrieve deleted data and retrieve Snapchat photos.
Method 2: Use the Dumpster App
Dumpster is a Google Play Store app that works as a bin for reusing your Android phone. Dumpster gives you the ability to retrieve deleted content from your Android device, including photos, vids, audio, pdf, zip, mp3, ppt, doc, avi, mpg, jpg, rar, and all common file types. No need to remove your device, and no internet connection required! This is the best app that can find your deleted data on your Snapchat.
Initially, install the Dumpster app on your Android mobile device.
After that, open Snapchat photos or videos.
Now, you need to go to the Dumpster app to find photos or take videos.
Just open the Dumpster app to get Snapchat videos or photos from Dumpster.
Note: This method only works if you have never opened Snapchat photos or videos.
How to recover Snapchat data on iOS?
To retrieve Snapchat messages from an Apple product such as an iPhone or iPad, use the iPhone Data Recovery app with FoneLab. This app can help you recover deleted data found on your iPhone or iPad.
You can use this app to get data from various applications. In this tutorial, we will use it to retrieve Snapchat data on iPhones.
Steps to follow to retrieve Snapchat data from an iOS device:
- Download and install the FoneLab tool on your Windows PC or Mac
- Connect an iOS device (iPhone / iPad / iPod) to your computer using a USB cable
- When the phone is in Recovery from iOS device mode, the first Scan button appears on your device.
- Press the “Start Scanning” button to start scanning.
- After the scanning process is complete, select the category in the menu for which you want to restore data. In this case, select “Snapchat Messages.”
- Now select all deleted messages you want to recover and click the recover deleted information button.
- Select the folder you are going to and wait until Snapchat messages are received.
How to get Snapchat messages on Android?
FoneLab makes a data recovery tool for Android devices. We can easily use the FoneLab tool to get Snapchat messages from Android devices.
Follow these simple steps to get Snapchat messages on Android:
- Download and install FoneLab Data Recovery Tool for Windows Pc or Mac
- Go to your phone settings and enable USB debugging mode on your Andoird device.
- Then using the USB cable, connect your Android phone to the computer.
- The FoneLab app will detect your Android device
- Go to Android Data Recovery and select “Contacts and Messages.”
- Your phone will reboot after selecting this option.
- Next, you’ll see deleted messages
- Select the required deleted messages, then click the Recover button
- Your messages will be available.
Here are two easy ways to get deleted data like photos and videos from Snapchat. I hope this tutorial shows you the best way to find or retrieve deleted photos and videos from the Snapchat video sharing app. Enjoy Clicks!