Learn How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
While Facebook seems to take security seriously, it is still easy to lose access to your account if a criminal identifies you. If someone can get your password or gain access to your account through social engineering, it can be very painful – for you and your Facebook connection.
It’s hard to find better access to a hacked Facebook account, so we’ve collected a lot of information we know to help you find it independently. If you think your Facebook has been hijacked, but you’re not sure, check out this tutorial.
Get Help Finding Your Facebook Account
Generally, two situations may arise under hacking.
- You may find that your Facebook account has been hacked, and your password changed.
Your Facebook account has been hacked, and your email has also changed your password.
Both cases can follow the recovery steps below to regain access to your FB account.
How do I know if my Facebook account has been hacked?
There are certain signs that you can easily see whether your Facebook account has been hacked or not.
Some of the most common symptoms are,
- Posts are made on your profile or in groups or pages.
- Your email or password has changed.
- Friend requests are sent to strangers.
- Your profile name or birthday has changed.
- Messages sent unsent.
What should you do if someone attacks your Facebook account?
If you receive an email from Facebook about suspicious behavior, you need to take immediate action. The longer a person has access to your account, the more likely they are to change important information that makes it harder for you to gain back control.
Browse through all your Facebook security emails and follow the instructions immediately; click on “Change password” and “Protect your account” and other links that can help you regain access to your hacked Facebook account.
Change your Facebook password.
Try doing the Recovery Process from the DEVICE you usually use or from the LOCATION (Ip Address) you normally use for your Facebook account.
- If you perform a recovery process from a well-known device or location, Facebook will assume you are the real owner and help you easily recover your hacked Facebook account!
- First, you should visit the “My Account at Risk” page on Facebook. Click here to visit that page.
- Now click on the “My Account at Risk” button, and you will be redirected to the ‘Find Your Account page. You should now identify your Facebook account by entering your email address, username, phone number, or full profile name. You can use any of them.
Tip: If a criminal has changed your email id, do not call your account for protection, and try searching by entering your Facebook username.
- So once you have identified your Facebook account, it will ask you to ‘enter the current or old password.’
- Now when you enter your old password, it will ask you to ‘reset your password.
- So, it would help if you were now on the ‘Reset your password page. Well, there are 2 cases,
a) If you see your email id or cell and access them, use any of those options to reset the password. So follow the steps below on the screen, and you will get your account successfully. That’s all.
b) If a burglar breaks into your email account or perhaps changes the current email address or cell to your Fb account, then click on the option ‘You no longer have access to this?’.
- So when you click ‘You can no longer access this?’, You will be redirected to the page ‘How Can We Reach You? Now enter your new email id or not so that Facebook can send you more details about your account recovery process.
- So now, when you enter your new email id or cell no, you will be redirected to a page with four levels below depending on your profile settings,
Note: Here, in this case, five other random friends in your account will be automatically selected by Facebook alone! So you should contact three of them to collect the codes!
So now that you have successfully resolved a case, you will be asked to choose a new password. So create a strong new password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can you recover a Facebook account that has not been created without email?
Without access to your email inbox, it’s hard to find your hacked Facebook account. However, there are ways to recover a Facebook account without email.
1) By using your mobile number
If you do not have access to your Email Inbox, or if you have not used any email id but a mobile number while creating your Facebook account in the past, you can use that mobile number if you can.
2) By sending your Id-Proof
These days, this option is offered to more people. “How to access you,” you will be immediately directed to the “I Can’t Sign In” form.
You need to fill in the details on that form and upload your ID proof to confirm. Once they have verified your credentials, they will respond and return you to the email address you provided in the “How to Access You” step.
Can’t find your Facebook hacked profile?
If you can’t find your Facebook account as a hacker changed your email and phone number, you can try these instructions:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/login/identify or https://www.facebook.com/hacked.
- Now, try to find your Facebook account hacked by the following searches:
- Your email was linked to your Facebook account
- Your phone number was linked to your Facebook account
If these options do not work, you must do the following:
- Ask a friend to visit your Facebook profile and click on the “About Me” section and “Contact Details” section. Next, tell your friend to check if they can see an email or phone number under this section. Use the new email ID or phone number to search for your Facebook account.
- If there is no email or phone number listed under your Facebook account hacked about me, ask your friend to go back to your profile on the computer and copy your Facebook URL.
- Then try entering this full URL in the search bar to find your account. If that doesn’t work, try copying the last section of your profile URL.