Fix AOL Forget Password Issues by Learning How to Recover and Change AOL Password
In this post, we explained the various ways you can change or recover your AOL password. We also discussed how you could create a strong password, an essential part of email security. So read on to find out more.
What to Do If You Forget Your AOL Password and How to Get AOL Password?
Your AOL password gives you access to all AOL resources you use. So it is always a good idea to update your existing AOL email account password regularly. Make sure your passwords are set uniquely so that they are strong enough to protect you from attackers.
Steps to Recover / Reset AOL Forgotten Password
- Go to the AOL login page and enter the AOL username and choose login.
- Click on the ‘I forgot my password’ option to retrieve your forgotten AOL password.
- You will now see three recovery options –
- ‘Return email address.’
- ‘Return by Phone Number’
- ‘Return with Security Question’
- Enter your username and select the following. After that, choose one of these three methods to recover the AOL password.
- Once you have selected your most appropriate option, a recovery code will be sent to your phone number or other email address. For example, if you chose the security question option, you will be asked to create a new password after answering the questions correctly.
- Now enter the verification code obtained to verify your account.
- After that, enter the new password twice and click Save. Now your AOL account password has been reset successfully.
- Finally, go to the login page again and log in successfully with your new password.
How to Change AOL Password Without Resetting or Restoring Option
If you know your Aol password and want to change it, this section is for you. Follow the steps below to change the AOL mail password-
- First, go to the AOL login page by clicking here.
- Enter a username and click the ‘next’ button
- From the next screen, type your password in the required text field and press the ‘Sign In’ option.
- After successfully logging in, go to the “Account Settings” page.
- Call your profile name and provide an answer to the security question when asked. Then, click the “Continue” option to follow additional steps.
- Now from the “Account Setup” page, select the “Password Change” option.
- Enter your current Aol password and create a New Strong Password in the required text field.
- When you’re done, click the “Save” option. Now sign in and use your new password.
- I hope these simple steps have helped you to change your Aol password faster.
Change AOL Password on Mac Mail Application
All Mac users should know that you should also update your Mac mail system after changing your password from the Aol website. You can do this by following these steps –
- First, open your Mac mail program.
- Click on the “mail” option at the top (next to the Apple button) and then click on “Account.”
- Select the default Aol account shown.
- Now delete your old password and enter your new Aol password and click “save.”
Final Tips for Creating a Secure and Secure Password for AOL Account:
- Avoid using anything evident and easy to hack passwords like 123456 or your name or date of birth.
- Try to avoid forgetting AOL password create an easy-to-remember password
- Do not use letters and numbers with a standard pattern as it is easy to identify by hackers.
- For better security, try changing your AOL password every three to six months.
First and foremost, you know why you need to Retrieve AOL Password: –
- Changing the account password from time to time makes the email account more secure and keeps you safe from hackers.
- Another reason to change the AOL password is when your login information could not be accepted due to an incorrect password.
It is common to forget the email password. However, it is essential to recover the forgotten AOL password to avoid losing your email data, contacts, and other important information.
We’ve discussed all the ways to reset AOL email passwords for AOL. By following the instructions in this post, you will be able to access your email successfully.