MBOX is the most common mailbox file, which is considered a flexible file format found in various email programs. MBOX file format can help users save email messages. It is supported by more than 20 email clients such as Mulberry, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, etc. Compared to MS Outlook, it also provides storage space for all emails, journals, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. MBOX users are preparing to access MBOX file content in MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and under versions.
Microsoft Outlook stores its data in PST file format (personal storage table summary). PST is a highly structured file format, which stores all the mailbox details in it. As a result, Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients.
Microsoft Outlook supports various advanced features and updates that are an integral part of the overall organization. As a result, many users these days prefer Outlook over MBOX.
MS Outlook is much safer than MBOX, as it provides a password security feature for its users to protect their emails from spam and hackers.
Now, here are the ways to import MBOX into Outlook.
How to Import MBOX into Outlook
Follow the steps given: –
- Sign in to your GMAIL account.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the Gmail page, open Gmail settings, and select “Forwarding option with POP / IMAP.”
- Select to enable the IMAP option.
- Configure the IMAP account and select the option to save the changes.
Note: To use handmade steps, one must install thunderbird and Outlook on their local computer or laptop.
Now, use the thunderbird on your local computer.
- Now, a dialog box opens in “Set up an email account.” Fill in the required information and click “Continue.”
- Enable the IMAP checkbox and select “stop process.”
- Provide all required information for
- Installation: imap.gmail.com/ port: About 993 (SSL) or 143 (rarely 580)
- Output: smtp.gmail.com/ port: Up to 25 (SSL) or 465 (most commonly 2525)
- Click the “Recovery” button.
- After providing the relevant details, the tasks will be completed. Now, select “Create a new account.”
- After that, verify your Gmail account from thunderbird after opening any email message.
- Now, drag and drop the file into the Gmail inbox to import the MBOX file into Outlook.
Importing MBOX file into Outlook
Follow the steps below to set up an Outlook email for your Gmail account.
- Go to file menu >> add account.
- Manually select the set server setting option or additional server types in the dialog box.
- Select Internet Email option and click on the “Next” button. Fill in the required details.
- Select the IMAP option for the IMAP post account by account type.
- Now, with the incoming server, type gmail.com and the outgoing server type smtp.gmail.com. In addition, click on the “set option.”
- On the outgoing server, select my outgoing server (SMTP) that needs to be verified and use the same setting, select my incoming server option and enter the 993 port number under the incoming server port.
- After that, selecting this server requires an encrypted connection option to set the encryption type to SSC with an IMAP email account.
At the end of the outgoing server, enter the value of 587. Set the encryption type to TLS and click the “Ok” button, and exit.
Select an option to set up a test account. This option is used to check account settings. Now, users will get the message that ‘your account settings are correct. Then, click the “Next” button.
Here, users will find all its data in Outlook with a custom Gmail profile. On the other hand, the road is very long, dangerous, and difficult to navigate as the hand method requires heavy support of high technology. This method is considered a time-consuming process. Furthermore, one cannot completely trust the manual method of importing MBOX into Outlook as there may be a chance of losing data while converting MBOX to Outlook. Sometimes, there may be a process where the process fails due to human error, as it is very difficult for users to keep all the steps in their minds and use them properly.
Third-Party MBOX File Transformer Solution Solution: –
Therefore, this document provides a simplified solution for importing MBOX into Outlook known as “SHOVIV MBOX to PST Converter.” This MBOX Converter provides a quick solution for its users to import MBOX into Outlook 2019, 2016, and under versions in a few minutes. MBOX Converter is a technical tool, which retains the ability to import MBOX mailboxes to many other formats such as MSG, EML, etc. Both technical and non-technical users can easily use this tool. Suvviv MBOX in PST Converter stores data securely even after import. There is no limit to the use of any MBOX file size. Also, this converter allows users to work with all types of Outlook. The MBOX converter provides a low-cost demo of the MBOX converter for easy testing of the tool by importing and storing the first 50 items/folders.