How to replace the ink in an Epson printer
Want to replace the ink in an Epson printer? In this article, learn how to change ink in an Epson printer or to replace the ink in an Epson printer. Like other printers, Epson also uses ink to print the pages. If the ink ends in the cartridge, users need to fill the ink in the cartridge and refill it.
Most of the users are not tech-savvy and need assistance to change ink in the Epson printer. By following the steps mentioned here, users can change the ink in the Epson printer cartridge.
How to change the ink cartridge in an Epson printer?
Usually, the Epson printer alerts the user about the ink in the cartridge. If the Epson printer does not alert the user about the ink in the cartridge, the user can follow the given steps to know the level of ink in the cartridge.
Press the house icon on the printer.
Click on the setup button and hit ok.
Users will see the ink level option; click ok.
Now users will see the ink level on the cartridge on the screen.
Replacing Epson Ink Cartridge
Replacing ink cartridges is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to change the ink cartridge in the Epson printer.
- Using the power button, turn on the Epson printer unit.
- Now, users will see the ink level of the cartridge on the screen, which helps a user choose the cartridge that needs to be replaced. Click on the proceed option.
- Now, click on the home button and select setup, and then ok.
- Select the maintenance option and then click ok.
- Select ink cartridge option and then ok.
- To see the ink cartridge, open the scanner unit.
Note: Do not touch any other component of the Epson printer. It may damage the working of the Epson printer.
- Take a piece of cloth to avoid ink on your hands. With the help of the fabric, take out the ink cartridge.
- Pick up the new ink cartridge and remove the plastic wrapping.
- Gently take out the yellow tab. It is the only thing that needs to be separated from the new ink cartridge. As if you remove the seal, then it may result in ink leakage.
- Insert the ink cartridge in the Epson printer slowly and gently fix it to the given setup.
- Close the Epson printer cover and then check on the screen to know the ink level in the cartridge. If it doesn’t show on your screen, make sure that the ink cartridge is installed correctly.
- Now, start the printer. Epson printer will begin to scan the ink cartridge and update you about the printer’s status.
Non-tech-savvy users find it challenging to change ink in the Epson printer. Through the steps mentioned in this article, users can change the ink cartridge in the Epson printer. Suppose you cannot change the ink cartridge in the Epson printer or face any technical issue. In that case, it is recommended to opt for a technician as touching the printer without proper guidance can damage the printer.