Activating a Walmart gift card is a straightforward process. If you own a Walmart gift card and want to start a Walmart gift card, you can read this article on activating a Walmart gift card?
Walmart is a gift card that can be used as a debit card that can use for shopping. It is a card loaded with a certain amount of money, and the user can use that money as they wish.
Walmart forms one of the largest chains of gift cards and is used worldwide. However, many of the users don’t know the procedure for activating a Walmart gift card. Through this article, users can learn the process of starting a Walmart gift card step by step.
How to Activate a Walmart Gift Card?
Here are the steps through which users can activate a Walmart gift card. But, before moving ahead, here are a few things users need to know. They are:
- Users can use the Walmart gift card worth $250 without activation. Walmart has a policy because a gift card worth $250 can be used and does not require any activation.
- Walmart gift cards worth more than $250 need activation for user security purposes.
- When purchasing a Walmart gift card, users will receive a mail with Walmart gift card activation instructions.
Activate a Walmart Gift Card Online
Follow the given steps to activate a Walmart gift card online.
- Open a web browser and open the link send to the mail by Walmart.
- Now, users need to enter the activation code, ID number, and PIN. Make sure to enter the correct information.
- Enter the required information, and the Walmart gift card will be activated, and users are eligible to use the card.
Activate a Walmart Gift Card By Phone
Users can directly call on Walmart gift card numbers to activate a Walmart gift card. Users will find the number on the email send by Walmart at the time of purchase of the card.
Users need to provide ID number, activation code, and PIN over the phone, and the Walmart customer representative will activate the card.
Activate a Walmart Gift Card At Store
Users can redeem or activate a Walmart gift card at any gift store. In addition, users can talk with the store cashier, who will help users start the Walmart gift card.
Walmart Gift Card Balance Check
This is an easy process; visit the official page on the Walmart website to check the balance. You can click on the link below that will direct you to the page:
You will then need to enter the required information on the page, including:
- 16-digit card number
- A 4-digit PIN on your gift card
- Then proceed by clicking the “Find card balance” button.
- This page will then verify your information and clear your card balance on the next page.
If you need help during this process, you can visit your nearest Walmart store to request a balance of your card or call 1-888-537-5503.
To find your nearest Walmart store location, you can visit the Walmart’s Store locator page (URL: https://www.walmart.com/store/finder).
Walmart gift card PIN
The PIN is located in the lower right corner at the back of the gift card, scratching to find the PIN.
If you do not have a PIN on your card, you can enter your card at Walmart or Sam’s Club in the US with the same balance and use the PIN on your new card to make online purchases.
Walmartgift.com Register Gift Card Process
You can register five gift cards at once at your account if you do not plan to use them immediately. The process for writing your gift cards in your account is as follows:
- Visit the Walmart account login (URL: https://www.walmart.com/account/login?returnUrl).
- Then Sign in with the required information, i.e., email address and password.
- Now, select the ‘Account’ option, go to the ‘Manage Account’ section, and click on ‘Gift Cards.’
- Then click on the ‘Insert a new gift card’ button.
- Now, enter the 16-digit gift card number and PIN, enter the card nickname, and click on ‘Save.’
Gift cards stored in your Walmart account will be stored securely until you use them and make it easy; you do not need a PIN to use your gift card.
How can you use Walmart Gift Card for online shopping?
The process of using your gift card for online shopping is straightforward:
- Just fill up your cart on the Walmart website for the items you want to buy.
- Continue normally on the payment screen.
- Then select the ‘Gift Card’ option to make a payment.
- Then enter your gift card details or choose a gift card once you have saved it in your account.
- When you are done, check whether the card has been added or not, as shown in the purchase summary.
- Then complete your purchase.
If you buy more than the amount on your gift card, you will have to pay the remaining balance with your debit or credit card or another gift card.
If you purchased under your gift card balance, then the remaining balance will be available on your gift card for future purchases.
Stores where you can use your Walmart Gift Card
Walmart Gift Cards can be used on selected chains containing Walmart.com, Samsclub.com, Vudu.com, Walmart or Sam’s Club Stores, or at any Walmart or Sam’s Club petrol station.
However, a 10% fee will be added to your purchase if you use the Walmart Gift Card at Sam’s Club store and you are not a member of Sam’s Club.
If you have a Sam’s Club Card, check out our Sam’s Club Credit Card login guide that shows you how to sign in and make payments.
Walmart Gift or Lost Gift Cards
Walmart does not charge for gift cards when purchased from them. However, consumers’ sole responsibility when the gift card is purchased and cannot be replaced if the gift card is lost or stolen. For this reason, it is best to keep your gift cards in your account.
You can also read articles on following topics:
|Buy Virtual Visa Gift Card with PayPal|
|Activate a Walmart Gift Card|
|Activate a Visa Gift Card|
|Activate Global Cash Card|
|Activate KeyBank Debit Card|
|Activate Capital One Debit Card|
|How to Activate Netspend Card|
|Activate Chase Debit Card|