Before proceeding First, we should know what the cause of the Garmin GPS not working problem is. Let us first understand what this issue is all about.
Like other electronic devices, the Garmin GPS device also has some technical features that create a problem because the Garmin GPS does not work properly or does not turn on. It may be due to any hardware or software malfunctioning.
Garmin GPS does not work; it can be very annoying, especially if you drive in a new location and are completely dependent on the GPS.
If you browse the internet for a more comprehensive guide to “How to fix Garmin GPS not working inefficiency?” then this article can be a complete help book for you.
Garmin GPS devices are best known for their accurate and updated navigation services, but sometimes, it does not work properly due to technical issues.
First, let’s understand that Garmin GPS doesn’t work well for download. There could be many reasons that could lead to the irrational behaviour of your Garmin GPS, such as Poor satellite signal, low device battery, frozen screen, Garmin GPS update not installed properly, etc.
A variety of Garmin GPS-related problems that do not work may have different approaches and solutions to one, but on broader television, other problem-solving strategies work as a lifesaver and help you fix many common Garmin GPS problems. Here are the common problems with Garmin GPS.
- Garmin GPS is not working.
- Garmin Map Crashing.
- Nuvi Stopped Working.
- Touch screen not Responsive.
- Garmin GPS Won’t Turn On.
- Maps Not Updating In Garmin.
- Not Getting Signals On Garmin.
- “No map found” On Garmin.
Reset Garmin To Fix Garmin GPS Not Working
The first and foremost suggested and most time spent is resetting the Garmin device when you find it stuck / frozen/slow or unresponsive or some other type of problem with your Garmin device.
Resetting the Garmin device and close all the programs or pauses it and allows the device to restart.
How to Reset a Garmin GPS Device?
Resetting the Garmin GPS device means making subtle changes to the current settings, clearing the current settings, or simply turning it off and allowing the device to restart.
Moreover, the good news is that; you have two reset options, one of which is to disable your Garmin GPS. The two Garmin Reset options are:
- Garmin GPS Reset
- Garmin GPS Reset hard
Soft Reset Garmin GPS device:
To perform a soft reset of the Garmin GPS device, do the following:
- Get the power button on your device.
- Long press the power button to turn off your GPS device.
- Release the button when the device restarts.
- The Garmin logo displayed on the screen indicates that the device has been restarted.
- If any temporary issues affect your GPS device performance, then Garmin GPS reset will fix that quickly and make your device work better.
Hard Reset Garmin GPS device
To make a difficult break on your Garmin GPS device, do the following:
- Unplug all other hardware is connected to a Garmin GPS device and even a power cable.
- There is a small reset button on the back or side of your GPS device.
- You need to press this button for a long time with an object identified as a pen tip.
- When your device restarts, you can release the button and have to wait a few more seconds.
- Let your device launch and customize its global settings.
- Other Garmin models like Garmin NUVI, Forerunner, etc. They have a Hard Reset option available with touchscreen only. You need to long-press the device’s right corner and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
Steps To Fix Garmin GPS Not Working
If the Garmin GPS reset does not work for you, then you can follow some other steps. Here are some simple steps you should take to get started: Garmin GPS Troubleshooting
- First, make sure your Garmin device is charged. If it is not charged, then charge it and perform a hard reset. It will format all data from your Garmin device.
- To perform a hard reset, disconnect your device from the power plug.
- Make sure the GPS antenna is connected to your Garmin device properly.
- When the whole process is complete, check that your device is working properly or not.
- Try uninstalling the Gaming GPS app and try installing it again. Therefore, follow these steps below:
- Reset your device again by following the steps above and connecting it to your PC using the USB cable.
- Download the test version of the Garmin app on your computer, laptop or tablet and register your device on it.
- If you can’t find any Map update dashboard, then select the Home Icon. It is located in the upper left corner of the Garmin Express Software window. Next, select the install button and wait for your device to update.