Unlike Gmail or Outlook, Yahoo allows users to provide a phone number to sign up for a free email service. However, it is possible to exceed this limit and create a Yahoo email without a phone number.
Create a Yahoo email without a phone number
This guide provides two different ways to create a Yahoo Email Account without using a phone number.
The first method is to use an email address from another service provider to sign up for Yahoo. Next, you can use your Gmail or Outlook email address to sign up for a Yahoo Account.
The second method involves using the TextNow app to get a free Phone Number and using the NextNow Phone Number to create a Yahoo Account.
Note: The second method does not always work, as Yahoo always works to mark VOIP numbers.
1: Create a Yahoo Account Using an Alternative Email Address
An easy and proven way to create a Yahoo email without using the Phone Number to sign up for Yahoo Mail using your Gmail or Outlook Email account.
- Visit Yahoo.com and click on the login option, located in the upper right corner.
- On the next screen, click the Create an account button.
- On the Account Creation screen, select I want to use my current email address option.
- On the updated registration screen, enter your current email address (Gmail, Outlook, etc.), Type any Password you want to use to login to Yahoo, and click Continue.
Note: Do not use your current email password; it is better to have a different password for different email accounts.
- When you click Continue, Yahoo will send a verification code to your current email address.
- Get confirmation from your existing email account> Enter verification code in Yahoo and click Continue.
That will be the case; you can now sign in to Yahoo using your current email address and a different password.
2: Create a Yahoo Email Account Using Phone Number
As mentioned above, this method may not work if Yahoo can identify a TextNow number as a VOIP phone number.
- 1. Download the TextNow App
- TextNow is a popular and free app, available on both smartphones and computers.
- For Android phones, you can download TextNow from the Google Play Store. For iPhone, you can download the TexNow app from the App Store.
You can download the TextNow App from Windows Store (Windows PC) and App Store (MacBook) if you have computers.
2.Open the TextNow App and note your number
- Once the app has been downloaded, open the TextNow App and follow the on-screen instructions to set up TextNow.
- During the setup process, TextNow will encourage you to select Your Free Phone Number. Make sure you type in the NextNow Number, as you will need a number to log in to Yahoo.
- If you forget to write down the phone number, tap the 3-line icon in the top left corner to view your phone number.
- If you’re on a computer (Windows PC or Mac), you can view your TextNow Number by navigating through the People tab.
3. Enter TextNow Number in Yahoo
- 1. Visit Yahoo.com and click on the login option, located in the top right corner.
- On the sign-in screen, click the Create an account button.
- On the next screen, type TextNow Number in the Mobile Phone Number field, fill in more details and click Continue
- When you click Continue, Yahoo will send a verification code to TextNow Phone Number.
- Open the TextNow app and open the Text Message from Yahoo containing the verification code.
- Enter the verification code in Yahoo and click Next.
As mentioned above, this Yahoo account creation method does not always work.
You can also read articles on following topics: