How Do I Close An Sbcglobal Email Account On My Mac?
When you purchase one of the SBCGlobal services, you are also provided with an SBCGlobal email account. You can use this email as your alternate email account to send and receive messages. Also, if you want, you can set up your SBCGlobal email account in an email client like Mac Mail.
The process of setting up your SBCGlobal email account in Mac Mail is easy as you only need SBCGlobal email settings to perform the process. If you wish to close your SBCGlobal email account on your Mac, you can easily do so by following the details provided below.
Steps to Close the SBCGlobal Email Account on Mac
If you close or delete an email account on Mac Mail, messages in that account are also deleted and are not always available on Mac. You can get copies of messages in the account mail server, and you can easily access them.
Note: In the unlikely event that emails can be in the mail server, you might consider taking a backup of the messages and storing them on your system.
Now, to close your SBCGlobal email account on Mac, you will need to follow the instructions given below.
- For your Mac app, open the Mail app.
- Once you have opened the Mail application, you will select Mail
- In the Mail options, click on preferences
- After that, you will need to select the Accounts option in your preferences
- After that, you will need to select the SBCGlobal email account and click Delete
NOTE: If an SBCGlobal email account is used for any other application on your Mac, you will be notified to delete the account in the Internet Accounts Preferences section. For this, you will need to:
- Click on the button to open an Internet Account.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to the Mail account option.
- Next, you will need to make sure the account is selected to stop using the account in all applications.
- After that, you can click on Delete.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to close an SBCGlobal email account on Mac. If you wish to terminate your SBCGlobal email account, you will need to follow these steps:
Your SBCGlobal Email Account is Being Terminated
When you cancel your SBCGlobal service, the SBCGlobal email address associated with the account will not be terminated. You can continue to use the email account as a free SBCGlobal email account at no cost. However, if you also wish to delete your SBCGlobal email account permanently, you can easily do so by following the instructions provided below.
Things to consider before deleting your SBCGlobal email account
- You may only close your SBCGlobal email address within 30 to 60 days from the cancellation or termination of the paid SBCGlobal service.
- You can terminate a free SBCGlobal email account anytime never associated with a paid SBCGlobal service.
- You will not be able to disconnect the SBCGlobal email account associated with the active SBCGlobal service.
- Deleting a member ID will delete any sub-accounts created by that account.
Once you have considered the above features, you can follow the steps below to permanently close your SBCGlobal email account.
Note: SBCGlobal email is not part of AT&T. The steps outlined below must be properly followed.
- In your computer browser, log in to your SBCGlobal email account and go to profile (https://m.att.com/myatt/native/deepLink.html?action=Profile&appInstall=N).
- In the Profile section, go to Contact Info.
- Next, you will need to select an email.
- Then, in an AT&T free email account, select Manage if you do not see the Manage option, which means your email account cannot be deleted.
- After that, you will need to select the Delete Account located next to the member ID. After that, click OK.
After that, you will need to make sure that the Status in the User Information section shows Disabilities. This means that your email account has been deleted.
Note: If you do not see the option to delete your account and it is already more than 60 days to cancel or terminate your service, it is recommended that you contact SBCGlobal.