You have landed at the right spot if you have multiple complaints about your skin, hair, and scalp. We will tell you about an ingredient our mothers and grandmothers have been using for years for their skin and hair care and other medicinal benefits. Yes, we are talking about using aloe vera for hair and skin.
You should be thankful to your mom if she has an aloe vera plant in the house. This short-stemmed plant with pointed blades all over it may not look too pleasing, but it offers enough nutrition for better skincare and hair care experience. Including this gel-based plant in your daily body care routine can help you have glowing and radiant skin and hair.
Or opting for an Aloe Vera Gel for hair could also help just as much.
According to Ayurveda, what is the role of aloe vera for hair?
Aloe Vera is a plant that does magic as it has several beauty-boosting properties for skin and hair. The science of Aloe Vera revolves around three vital biological energies – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha doshas.
According to Ayurveda, every living being is the manifestation of these three doshas, and they need to be in a balanced state for the smooth functioning of your body, mind, and soul. On the other hand, aggravated or imbalanced doshas can result in different ailments in your body and your hair.
Let’s see the impacts of various doshas on our bodies.
- Improper Vata Dosha leads to a dehydrated scalp as tissues get dry. This results in the dry scalp, malnourished hair, frizz, excessive hair breakage, itchiness, dandruff, and hair fall.
- Pitta Dosha might cause the body temperature to rise. This affects the scalp tissues and could lead to irritation or pain. It could also cause inflammation, premature greying, weakening of hair roots, scalp greasiness, hair fall, etc.
- Kapha Dosha may lead to excessive sebum and oil on your scalp. It leads to greasy dandruff, microbial infections, itchiness, hair fall, etc.
The elevated doshas may thin your hair follicles, resulting in hair loss. Aloe Vera (Also known as “Ghrit Kumari“) in Ayurveda is a Tridosha Hara herb that can balance all the doshas mentioned above.
Now, let us check out the benefits of Aloe Vera on Hair. By opting for an aloe vera-based best hair serum for curly hair, you could eradicate the dryness and frizziness on your scalp. It would also make your hair softer and shinier with regular application.
What are the benefits of using aloe vera gel on hair?
- Rejuvenates dry scalp and hair: Aloe Vera Gel for hair has high water content, and it thus acts as a natural and toxin-free humectant for your scalp and hair. It also provides essential nutrients to the hair follicles, thus promoting healthier hair growth and preventing the scalp and hair tissues from drying out.
- Calms itchy scalp: The natural aloe vera gel for hair is an effective natural hair cleanser that helps in removing dead skin cells, excessive sebum, dirt, and build-ups from your scalp and hair.
- Adds soft texture and reduces frizziness: Aloe Vera is a deep conditioning agent that can soften your dry and frizzy hair. It locks your opened hair cuticles and helps retain the natural oils in your scalp, giving your hair a soft and smooth texture.
- Eradicates microbial infections: Backed by antifungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, Aloe Vera Gel helps to promote scalp health by combating scalp infections and dandruff.
- Strengthens hair roots: Enriched in Vitamins C, B-12, choline, and folic acid, Aloe Vera Gel for Hair by Mamaearth helps strengthen your weak hair follicles by providing deep nourishment. Also, it prevents hair shedding from weaker roots and controls your hair breakage.
- Stimulate healthy hair growth: Aloe Vera is a natural ingredient and powerhouse that helps in improving blood circulation to your hair follicles when applied to your scalp. It is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants that make your hair follicles use to achieve faster regrowth.
- Reduces scalp inflammation: Backed by anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera gel for hair and skin calms irritation, bruises, and redness while repairing the damaged scalp tissues.
- Restores pH balance and protects your scalp and hair: Aloe Vera Gel helps maintain the pH levels of your scalp and hair. Also, aloe vera has natural cooling properties that keep your scalp and hair safe from the sun’s UV radiation. Using Mamaearth Aloe Vera Gel for Hair can help restore adequate pH balance of your scalp and hair.
What to do after applying aloe vera gel on hair?
After treating your hair with Aloe Vera Gel, you need to massage your hair and leave it for some time, and it will let the ingredients penetrate deep into your scalp and hair tissues. After some time, when your hair becomes stiff, you can wash it off using water or mild shampoo.
How long can aloe vera gel stay in your hair?
You can apply and leave Aloe Vera Gel in your hair for an hour and extend it to a maximum of 6 hours. Please do not leave your hair soaked in aloe vera for a prolonged period, or else it can trap dust particles in your scalp. If you have severe dry scalp and curly hair, you can leave it overnight and wash it off the next morning.
What else could you apply for curly hair?
After washing your scalp with a safe and natural Onion Shampoo and conditioner, you should follow it up with proper nutrition. This is where opting for the best hair serum for frizzy hair could make such a crucial difference.
Here are the benefits of using a hair serum:
- Tame frizz and flyaway: Frizzy and flyaway hairs are never fun. To treat your curly hair, you can consider using a hair serum that can help nourish and tame frizzy hair.
- Adds shine and protects: Besides managing the frizz, hair serums can also help to boost your hair’s shine. Use a shine-boosting and natural hair serum before shampooing or styling your hair due to seasonal changes or harsh weather conditions like excessive humidity or heat. Using the right hair serum can help you protect your hair from such conditions.
- Nourishes your hair: It becomes dry and rough when your hair is parched. It could just as easily become dull and lifeless too. Any good-quality hair serum with nourishing ingredients can give the hair a hydration boost while treating the signs of dryness, frizz, and damage.
Wrapping it up
A great hair care brand helps you achieve the hair you dream of. Hence, we recommend using Aloe Vera Gel for hair and the best hair serum for curly hair from Mamaearth. Backed by more than 75 nutrients, including 12 vitamins and 18 amino acids, Mamaearth’s Aloe Vera Gel is the definitive answer to your hair care issues. Check out and choose from various safe, natural, and gentle products that provide everyone with the perfect body care regimen.
PS: Mamaearth is a plastic-positive and PETA-certified brand in India. It is also Asia’s first Made Safe-certified brand in India, and it offers a wide range of skincare, haircare, body care, and baby care products made of natural and toxin-free ingredients. It also plants a tree for every order delivered successfully, thus making the environment cleaner and greener for everyone.
Wikiken is an online portal where you can read information related to Money, Technology, Lifestyle & Trends. If you also want to provide value to the readers, we are more than happy to collaborate with you and encourage you to write for us.